Named after the most heavily traversed street in Portland, Burnside Cedar is a replacement for reclaimed wood material. Cedar is one of the best exterior woods and when installed properly, has been proven time and time over to last 50+ years as siding on buildings. Barns with inferior woods like pine or fir have lasted nearly 100 years. It is our belief that a long-lasting and reliable wood is just as sustainable as a reclaimed wood that cannot uphold for a long period of time. In addition to this, their are other benefits:
- Free of hazards such as lead (paint) and arsenic
- Free of debris such as dirt and hidden nails
- Purchasable in standard dimensions to minimize waste and cost
- Consistent in color, even in large quantities, still with intentional handcrafted variations.
- Low waste factor
- Custom orders available for any profiles or colors
- Little to no maintenance
- Naturally non-toxic mold and mildew resistance.
- Stumptown Wood’s Burnside Cedar
- Species – Thuja Plicata
- Dimensions –13/16″ thick x 5-1/2″ width x 8 – 16 foot lengths. Custom sizes available.
- Construction – Solid. T&G -or- Ship-lap with or without reveal.
- Finish – Multiple finishes available.